I’m very excited to announce that I’ve release a new ebook called Get Work as a Fantasy Artist available at www.FreelanceFantasyArtist.com . This ebook is packed with all kinds of information designed to help artists interested in breaking into the fantasy illustration field.
I’ve been a professional illustrator for over 25 years and I’ve worked on all kinds of projects; most notably Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, Shadowrun, Vampire the Masquerade, video games, and so much more.
I have a ton of real world experience tracking down leads and securing art jobs. And I’ve written down all this sage advice for all to benefit from. And guess what, I still use these techniques to this day when I’m on the hunt for jobs, whether they be freelance illustration jobs or a full time staff position.
Believe it or not, no matter where you are in your career, there’s something in this ebook for you. And even if you don’t want to be a fantasy artist, you’ll find that the tips in this ebook can be applied to any art career path you decide to follow. The principals are universal.
These ebooks are meant to inspire you, to get you excited about the possibilities, and help you on your way to a rewarding career as a fantasy artist.
The ebook is really two ebooks in one. The first ebook, Get Work as a Fantasy Artist: Artistic Growth, helps you get your head on straight. I know how much you love making art – we’re the same that way. But it’s also important to have some goals to help get you pointed in the right direction. And most importantly, you must adapt and attitude of learning and gratitude. Enter every critique, every job opportunity with a positive attitude and with one question in mind – what can I learn from this encounter?
Book 1: Artistic Growth
· Build a career as a working illustrator - Keeping your eye on the ball
· Your art education - Many ways to improve your art skills including college, dvds, online turotials, workshops and more
· The importance of fundamentals, techniques, speed, realism, and more
· Critiques - Where to get them, how to get the most out of them, adapting an attitude of learning and gratitude
The second ebook, Get Work as a Fantasy Artist: Breaking In and Staying In, is all about landing some illustration work. It always starts with your portfolio, so I start there and help you put together a winning collection of samples that will give you the best chance of wowing any art director you show it to.
Book 2: Breaking In and Staying In
· Your Portfolio – The ins and outs including presentation, materials, online portfolios, what to put in your portfolio – How to edit yourself, what to include, updating
· What Art Directors are looking for in your portfolio – Grab them by the nuts, show them you can do what they need
· Put it in the illo – how to make a single image rock! Through story, design, and drama
· Find illustration jobs as a fantasy artist – finding markets that use fantasy art and understanding what they need
· Contacting Art Directors for work – how to find ADs who do the hiring for your dream projects, get their attention, and get them to call you!
· Understanding Art Directors – how to approach them and talk to them about your skills, what are they looking for, what are they concerned about, what you can learn from them, and staying connected with your art directors – to keep the jobs flowing.
I also cover sample packets, the business side of being a freelance illustrator, contracts, your fee, what to ask about before and after you accept a job, how to freelance as a fantasy artist, all about understanding and delivering assignments, and so much more!
If you order the ebook from www.FreelanceFantasyArtist.com it includes that bonus section called Advice from the Pros -- Not only can you benefit from my unique perspective as a working fantasy illustrator, but you’ll also get even more tips, tricks and techniques from other seasoned vets such as: Randy Gallegos, Jim Nelson, Michael Kaluta, Mark Nelson and more.
I’ve also released a simple, easy to understand guide to Copyrights. Copyrights can be quite confusing and the official government language is super cryptic and weird. This ebook boils it down so you’ll never be confused again. Your images are your livelihood, now and in the future, and copyrights are yours to use to PROTECT your most valuable asset – your art!
Get Work as a Fantasy Artist and Copyright Basics for Artists are the first releases from my newly formed initiative BaxaArt Academy, the instructional arm of BaxaArt.com. (More on BAA in future posts).
If you have any questions about the ebooks, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I’d also be very interested in hearing what burning questions you have about your art career. Go check out the ebooks at www.FreelanceFantasyArtist.com .
I hope you enjoy the ebooks and get a lot out of them! Tom
Tags:BaxaArt.com, Baxa, Tom Baxa, Thomas M. Baxa, Blood Rituals: The Art of Tom Baxa, BAA, BaxaArt Academy, Dark Sun, Wizards of the Coast, Magic the Gathering, mtg, Dungeons & Dragons, Get work as a Fantasy Artist, Make money as a fantasy artist, jobs for artists, fantasy artist, artist jobs, fantasy artists, artists jobs, illustration jobs, freelance artist, illustrator jobs, elance, How to freelance, Get work, Getting work, Fantasy art jobs, breaking in as a fantasy artist, freelance fantasy artist, professional artist