Thursday, June 7, 2012

BAXA Gnomon Instructional DVD

Gnomon Workshop is the leader in instructional dvds for fantasy artists.  They were the first and continue to produce quality products.  Most of their content is focused on digital painting and 3d tools for the film and fx industries.  But they have done some dvds of traditional art forms like sketching, concept art, sculpture, comics, etc. 

I am proud to say that I created an oil painting instructional dvd in partnership with Gnomon called Dynamic Fantasy Painting with Tom Baxa, which is available for sale as a dvd or digital download by clicking the link. 

I created this painting just for the dvd.  One of my main concerns was coming up with a dynamic composition and dramatic poses for the characters.  I also chose open poses for the characters, so I could focus on their concept design.  I discuss these and many other topics on the dvd.  It’s pretty cool to be able to watch a painter in action!

I uploaded some clips from Dynamic Fantasy Painting with Tom Baxa  to YouTube for you to check out (the video is better resolution than these samples).

Watch Sample 01 below and the others on YouTube:




Here’s the sketch and the finished painting:




You can buy a PRINT of the painting at my BaxaArt prints page.  Buy the dvd here:
Dynamic Fantasy Painting with Tom Baxa

Enjoy! -  Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment