Monday, January 17, 2011

99 Paintings: DAY 43

Day: 43 "Red Inversion": 
I wanted to continue exploring a black on black type pallette.  I took the same sketch from Day 40: Dream Ghost and did it in a predominately black color scheme.  I applied the same kind of almost negative approach as I did with that painting with red instead of white and the effect is pretty striking.  In some ways the painting reminds me of a black light glow and a negative effect.  It also reminded me a little bit of Peter Max, but I'm not sure why. - Tom


99 Paintings in 99 Days for $99 Project:  Tom Baxa has challenged himself to do a painting a day for 99 consecutive days and post them on BaxaArt.com and his Deadspeak blog.  Each 8x10 painting will be sold for $99, and prints for $9.99.  Baxa will be exploring different subject matters and mediums, including digital, and experimenting with artistic expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment