Wednesday, January 19, 2011

99 Paintings: DAY 45

Day: 45 "Embryonic Wave": 
Photo montage is so different than oil painting in that a finished piece seems to be a culmination of accidents that you let happen, then reel in and refine.  In that regard, it's pretty damn fun.  As with my other montage pieces, I started out with a completly different plan in mind.  Then I laid down a texture and all these vibrant colors appeared and I was drawn in by them.  Then as I laid in more textures, the deep blue element came into play and I emphasised it in the hair. 

I continue to love the "shredded" look that is achieved when you use the wand tool in PS select.  I'm also enjoying how photos of seemingly unrelated things work to allude to an object like hair or (hehe) placenta.  Case in point - the main fetus guy is a photo of a fetus, but the other two are a curly pastry.  Yum.  -- Tom

1 comment:

  1. Digital is very fun to play with!!
    I love some of the unexpected colors that appear when you start playing with layers.

    I really like what happened here with the wash of purple and blues over the woman's chest and belly.

    ReplyDelete