Tuesday, December 7, 2010

99 Paintings: DAY 02


Day: 02 "Armored Slayer":
This painting was all about that thin ray of light hitting his head.  I recently did a painting with knights in plate mail in warm sunlight and I wanted to capture that light in this painting.  I also had fun designing the character and his armor.  I was trying to be much looser with my marks, but I ended up tightening up as I painted.  Something to work on.  I did achieve some interesting shapes in the armor, especially on his arms with simple brushstrokes and without thinking too much about the outcome.  In the end, I really like this guy - he slays me!  Tom



99 Paintings in 99 Days for $99 Project:  Tom Baxa has challenged himself to do a painting a day for 99 consecutive days and post them on BaxaArt.com and his Deadspeak blog.  Each 8x10 painting will be sold for $99, and prints for $9.99.  Baxa will be exploring different subject matters and mediums, including digital, and experimenting with artistic expression.



No comments:

Post a Comment