Tuesday, December 28, 2010

99 Paintings: DAY 23

Day: 23 "Digital Haze": 
Another photo montage piece for a book cover sample (click here to see the graphic designed cover that I did).  As with the last digital piece, I started with no pre-concieved notion.  I pulled some faces from my archives and started there.  Then I inverted them and the painting took on a light/white-ish palette and I ran with it.  Below you can see the original "finished" version.  It stayed much more snowy and etherial.  I'm enjoying working in new palettes and demonstrating that I have a broader range than most would expect.]

As I added text, the piece seemed a little washed out for a book cover, so I added some border elements and darkened the male face at the top to pop the title more.  Then I couldn't resist adding the tech pecker gag and pulling this light image back into my dark realm - hehe.  - Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment