Wednesday, December 22, 2010

99 Paintings: DAY 17

Day: 17"Empty Inside": 
I felt inspired to do a creepy kid.  I titled this one "Empty Inside" because of the blank expression I captured with this young girl and since her arms feel kinda like disjointed doll arms, she has an even more artificial and hollow feel. 
I tried a color palette I almost never work in - aqua green and tried tow work quickly and stay loose.

 

99 Paintings in 99 Days for $99 Project:  Tom Baxa has challenged himself to do a painting a day for 99 consecutive days and post them on BaxaArt.com and his Deadspeak blog.  Each 8x10 painting will be sold for $99, and prints for $9.99.  Baxa will be exploring different subject matters and mediums, including digital, and experimenting with artistic expression.



No comments:

Post a Comment